30 DAYS OF POVERTY, APRIL 1 – APRIL 30, 2014
30 Days of Poverty is a community-wide campaign to raise awareness of poverty in Evansville, as well as awareness of the many organizations dedicated to eliminating poverty in Evansville.
In our Tri-State communities these are the Six Faces of Poverty:
- Aging out of the foster care
- Mental health issues
- Individuals defined as the working poor
- Single parents
Get your group, club or organization together and join us in the fight against poverty. This campaign includes a month-long series of events, providing you multiple opportunities and way to get involved.
Over 50 organizations and churches came together for our first 30 Days of Poverty campaign in the spring of 2013. Here are some highlights:
- The inaugural Rise Up and Run 5k
- Shoeless Sunday, which collected over 15,000 pairs of shoes
- Circles® Poverty Simulation
- Vanderburgh Homeless Connect
- Open House Tour of Organizations
- “Our Eyes” Photo Exhibit
Check back soon for additional information regarding our 2014 campaign!
30 Days of Poverty is hosted by the Evansville Christian Life Center. Click below to learn more and contact us.
812.423.9222 or info[at]restoringpeople.com
Evansville Christian Life Center Website: